Albany Primary

Albany Primary School
"Where learning makes a difference..."

Student led conference letter

Letter for parents/caregivers of Area 33 students

Dear Parents/Caregivers

Students throughout the school (with the exception of Area 33) will be participating in Student Led Conferences on Thursday 19th September.

The conference is an opportunity for your child to share their learning with you.   The format for this conference allows for up to four families in the room at one time, for 25 minutes.  The teacher will circulate around these groups and will be available for questions. 

Your child will be proud of their learning, and your attention and positive affirmation is a valuable part of showing your support for their effort.   Modelling respect (as one of our school values) for this occasion includes a request that you do not access your cellphone or device in this time.  We also request that pre-schoolers and other siblings are not brought into the classrooms as a courtesy to other students and their families.

The conferences will take place in your child’s classroom from 3.30pm – 7.30pm on Thursday 19th September.

Booking of your conference times will be done online through School Interviews.  Bookings will be open from 3.00pm on Wednesday 11th September and close 9.30am Tuesday 17th September.

To arrange your conference time please:

Go to:                                      www.schoolinterviews.co.nz

Enter school code:                 jexka

Follow the instructions.

If you do not have internet access or have any queries please contact Lisa Elder via email lelder@albany.school.nz, phone 415 9668 or call into the school office.  

We recommend that you book early to ensure you are able to get the time that suits you.

Thank you

Maree Bathurst

PRINCIPAL