Albany Primary

Albany Primary School
"Where learning makes a difference..."

International Student Enrolments

"Albany Primary School has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students published by the Ministry of Education".  Copies of the code are available online at www.nzqa.govt.nz

No students can be enrolled who are not in the immediate care of a parent who guarantees to stay with the child throughout the whole period of enrolment.

Albany School recognises that the enrolment of students from different cultures brings a richness and diversity to the School and the education we offer.

We aim to:

• promote an exciting and dynamic teaching environment,
  • prepare students for the internationally integrated world, and to
  • develop an international perspective for all of our students.

All of our international students are encouraged to participate in ELL lessons matched to their needs. The School currently has a special room dedicated to the international students, staffed by a specialist Teacher who works with groups of 6 to 8 children. In addition, children are well supported in their learning by their Class Teachers and Teacher Aides. Our classes are small and progress can be rapid.

To ensure that our international students gain the most from their New Zealand education and experience we provide a buddy and peer support system within the School. Wherever possible, our international students are introduced to other children within the class or School who speak their language, thus ensuring our international students always have a friend for support in the classroom or out in the playground, should they have worries or difficulties.

Should you have any enquiries:

Please contact Helen Furness, Director of International Education: hfurness@albany.school.nz