Join a Walking School Bus!
Keen to make school drop off/pick up easier and stress free?
Meet other local parents and get some fresh air and exercise?
Have your kids arrive to school energised and ready to start their days learning?
A walking school bus is a group of children who walk together to/from school with parent supervisors along a set route. Parents take turns and shouldn’t need to walk more than one day a week. The other 4 days are free.
Albany School have two new routes running, come and give it a try!
Rosedale Shops Route
Where: there are 3 stops for this route:
· Stop A – Dep 8.00am, Returns by 3.45pm from front visitor parking area at The Grange, 92 Bush Road. Monday and Tuesday morning and Tuesday afternoon.
· Stop B - Dep 8:15am; Returns 3.45pm from 2 Amherst Rd. Every day, morning and afternoon (for after school departure, meet near Area 1 by the donated property box as soon as possible after the school bell. We will wait for all the children to be there).
· Stop C – Dep 8.25am; Returns 3.20pm from end of Princeton parade where it meets Albany Highway (We will wait at a safe place together for the children to either be picked up by car or walking parent.) Every day, morning and afternoon.
Contact parent volunteer, Jessica if you are interested in joining/coming for a trial: firstname.lastname@example.org
Albany Village Route
Where: there are 3 stops on this route:
· Stop A - Dep 7.50am; Returns 3.45pm from 17 Georgia Terrace.
· Stop B - Dep 8.10am; Returns 3.30pm from Albany Village Library from bottom of stairs at start of Kell Park.
· Stop C - Dep 8.30am; Returns 3.10pm from Wharf Road.
When: Every day, am and pm
Contact parent volunteer, Emily if you are interested in joining/coming for a trial: email@example.com
Five W’s Poem by Josh P.
The Albany School boy
Excitedly biked to school
To beat the 8:30 bell
On Albany cycleway
To play with his friends happily
Acrostic Poem by Josh P.
Always look for cars
Listen before you cross
Keep yourself safe